Navision Classic 2009 - Unable to post Journal Entry suddenly

Hi,

I am unable to post Journal Entry, it hasn't happened before, and now Navision is posing an error message "You must specify Source Code G/L Entry to CA in Cost Accounting Setup Primary Key="." (Image as below)

hhd96xuct1qf.png

It seems that I can resume posting Journal Entries after changing to this configuration: Source Code G/L Entry = SALES. (image as below)

u38k0eanfhep.png

My source code used to be empty before the error message popped up. I am just concerned that this SALES configuration will have an impact on the functions in Navision which I do now know. Please help.

Answers

• djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    It's my understanding that all this is going to do is tag all G/L entries whether they're sales related or not, so you may want to choose something more generic like "GENJNL". The user should have the ability to change it on a line-by-line level if needed, but I haven't seen this version in a long time, so I'd recommend copying this company to a test company and having the users test it first.
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • ArquebusArquebus Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Do you know how can I change it on a line-by-line level? Because right now, if I tag as "GENJNL" in cost accounting function, it would tag all future postings.