Options

System Application definition is not shown in Visual Code

PavlosPavlos Member Posts: 19
Hi all,
I have a simple question (I think). When trying to open the definition (code) of a System Application object (e.g. table Language) in visual code it shows the following screen:
t1xca8hm8i5e.png

When trying to open any other object from the Base Application or System works just fine.
I spent quite some time trying to figure out why this is happening with no luck. I'd appreciate if anyone could provide an explanation of this behavior.

Some additional info: this is happening both in BC15 and BC16. All Symbols have been downloaded successfully.

Thanks in advance,
Pavlos

Answers

• Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Are you using "AL Designer" extension? If so, what helped for me with such a problem was to uncheck the "User custom Go To Definition" in the extension's settings:
    3wi8g7gri995.png
  • Options
    PavlosPavlos Member Posts: 19
    edited 2020-04-22
    ShaiHulud wrote: »
    Are you using "AL Designer" extension? If so, what helped for me with such a problem was to uncheck the "User custom Go To Definition" in the extension's settings:
    3wi8g7gri995.png

Hi ShaiHulud. Thanks for your reply. I do using "AL Object Designer". I found the mentioned setting and I unchecked it as you suggested. Now for the System Application objects it doesn't show anything, it shows a blank tab.
    I don't is has to do with the specific extension I'm using. I get the same result even if I use other tools or using the "Go To Definition" on the right click menu. It has to be something else since this "strange" behavior is valid only for System Application objects.
  • Options
    msagimsagi Member Posts: 1
    The symbol package for System Application does not contain any source code that could be shown. Hence the confusing result.

When the "internal navigation" can't find the source code, I rely on AL Language to try finding it via the "opening.al" file... However, in this case that won't find anything.

Currently, the best place to browse System App source is on GitHub: https://github.com/microsoft/ALAppExtensions/