"Could not load file or assembly ‘Txt2AlConverter, Version=14.0.0....." Business Central v14 On Prem

abrar273abrar273 Member Posts: 6
edited 2020-04-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All,
I am trying to run this command for Business central On Prem V14.
finsql.exe Command=generatesymbolreference, Database=”Demo Database NAV (14-0)”, ServerName=Server1

I follow this link
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/devenv-running-cside-and-al-side-by-side

It left this file navcommandresult.txt with following error for tables.

Table Temp Ab Test Table: Could not load file or assembly ‘Txt2AlConverter, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is a test environment, so i uninstall BC On prem and reinstalled it without any error or warning, but still facing same issue.
I verified that Txt2AlConverter.dll is present in this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\140\RoleTailored Client"

Can anyone guide me how to resolve this issue.

Answers

• BUSBOXEDBUSBOXED Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Is the DLL blocked or has it insufficient permissions?
  • abrar273abrar273 Member Posts: 6
    BUSBOXED wrote: »
    Hi,

Is the DLL blocked or has it insufficient permissions?

Thanks for response.
    Running this command with administrator account and I did Unblock DLL from windows power shell and then run this command again and got same results.

[0] [04/04/20 5:00:31 PM] The command completed with warnings in '180' seconds. Details below.
    : Could not load file or assembly 'Txt2AlConverter, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ricardopaivaricardopaiva Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

There seems to be some problem with your BC installation.
    Maybe some permissions missing during BC installation.
    Please try to register the file in global cache assembly manually.

To do that, open Command Prompt as administrator.
    Go to folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.1 Tools\x64
    If you can’t find it is this folder, look for a folder with another NETFX version.
    Then run the following command:

gacutil /i “c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\140\RoleTailored Client\Txt2AlConverter.dll”

If it was registered successfully you should get the following message: Assembly successfully added to the cache

Close the Command Prompt and try to generate the symbol references.

Note: Abrar already confirm that this procedure worked. You can check the comments on the following article in my blog:

https://ricardomoinhos.com/c-side-to-al-table-data-migration/