I can't install an extension without adding an entry in NAV App Installed App in SQL-manager

LoneMHLoneMH Member Posts: 2
I have a BC Fall 2018 RTM Runtime: CU4 hybrid, that gives me a lot of problems. Both production an test at the customer and 2 databases local, doesn't show the extension as installed, unless I add the corresponding record in NAV App Installed App in SQL, after using the following steps in Powershell:

Uninstall-NAVApp -ServerInstance $ServerInstanceName -Name $AppName -ErrorAction Stop
Unpublish-NAVApp -ServerInstance $ServerInstanceName -Name $AppName -ErrorAction Stop

Publish-NAVApp -ServerInstance $ServerInstanceName -Path $appPath -SkipVerification -ErrorAction Stop
Sync-NAVApp -ServerInstance $ServerInstanceName -Name $appName -ErrorAction Stop
Start-NAVAppDataUpgrade -ServerInstance $ServerInstanceName -Path $AppPath -ErrorAction Stop

Further more it doesn't in fact upgrade the system, leading to missing records in extension tables if new extension is made (not a problem for flow fields), in addition to NOT running the upgrade codeunits at all :(.

CU upgrade to CU15 is tried without any luck. It is not possible for me to access the database with VSCode.

Any idea at all, how to solve this ?

My other customers does not have this issue. They are all BC fall 2018 RTM hybrids, at different Runtime CU - that is (CU4, CU10 and CU11)

Answers

• LoneMHLoneMH Member Posts: 2
    When using OnAfterCompanyOpen or OnBeforeCompanyClose you need to prevent it to be activated if it's during install of apps - that is using this: if not NAVApp.IsInstalling then