Options

Preventative maintenance in Navision

mark_christsmark_christs Member Posts: 156
Dear All,
I am currently studying service management. In a demoscript service management, in page 16, I read as follows:
Along with the outcomes reporting, the application helps you to register what kind of damage occurred, which symptom and where the fault it was, as well as the different faults on items and how you solved them. You can use this important information to identify the most frequent faults on items and eventually plan preventative maintenance.

So, it seems navision can handle preventative maintenance, however in www.wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preventative_Maintenance) , I've read as follows:
Preventive maintenance (PM) has the following meanings:
The care and servicing by personnel for the purpose of maintaining equipment and facilities in satisfactory operating condition by providing for systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.
Maintenance, including tests, measurements, adjustments, and parts replacement, performed specifically to prevent faults from occurring.

Could you explain to me what are the functionality regarding to the wikipedia statement, I mean in service management, I could use what tables or form to conduct the preventative maintenance..?
I expected your answer so much. tku

Rgds,
mark

Comments

• Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    You can use Service Order Type to classify a maintenance as preventative. Then you can select this type in Service contract. You can also fill in the service period required for the preventative maintenance.

Then you can select the appropriate service items in the lines and assign troubleshooting as a standart check-list.

You can see all the tables of these forms in the related source explorers.

Hope, this will help you.

Best Regards

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    Hi Ufuk,
    tku for answer. I also need more help about it, maybe you can explain some examples to use it. I also create maintenance service contract and do create service order batch job, the service contract period is 6 month, but whenever I post the service order after finishing maintenance work, I can't create new service order, how can it be happened ?

rgds,
    Mark
  • Options
    If you want to start a new order before the planned time arrives, you can choose the option actual in the Next Service Calculation Method in the Service Management Setup.

Best Regards

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    Meanwhile, if you want I can send you the Service Management documents. There are lots of example :)

Regards,

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    Dear Ufuk,
    You can send me the documents to mark_christs@yahoo.com. I appreciate so much for the documents. tku
    However I can find out now that strength of the service management in navision is the repair service, so there will be service contract repair until service item worksheet for repair but it is for items who sold to customer, so if it is internal items rent to customer, it will more focus to fixed asset management. I don't think navision can handle service management of the rental company.

Rgds,
    Mark
  • Options
    You can use loaners in order to manage rental processes. But it does not have complicated properties, you have some limits.

But it is more suitable then the fixed assets. Especially of accounting context. I do not suggest you using fixed assets unless making some serious development.

Regards,

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    hotelmanali35hotelmanali35 Member Posts: 1
    White Mushroom Hotels is a Boutique Hotel chain available across multiple cities in India. The company is headquartered in Delhi with hotels in Jaipur, Udaipur, Ranthambore, Kasauli, Manali, Rohanda and Wayanad. Each property offers comfortable accommodation with all modern facilities. White Mushroom also offers tour
    visit : hotels in wayanad with rates|cheapest hotel in manali|ranthambore safari booking online
  • Options
    visasingapore123visasingapore123 Member Posts: 1
    Applying for Canada Visa? Looking for a hassle-free Canada Visa Application from Singapore, We at IVC Services take immense care to process Canada Visa application from Singapore.
    visit : Indian visa application singapore|Canada visa
  • Options
    fookkatfookkat Member Posts: 1