Options

NAV2017: Audit on Extensions

VisionsVisions Member Posts: 2
Hi all,

we had a small mishap with an extension in NAV2017. I now need information on who installed the extension in question and when. Or if I don't get that info, I need to set it up so that in the future I will. I tried setting up the change log, but the table NAV App is only virtual and cannot be tracked.

Since extensions essentially modify the running source code and the behaviour of the application this is an audit issue for us. We also want to make sure that noone can install an extension, do something in the application and then uninstall the extension again without leaving a trace.

Thanks,
Visions

Answers

• Options
    edoderooedoderoo Member Posts: 89
    Regular users can not install extentions, this is something that can be done by a user with access to PowerSHell and/or the application server where the service tiers are running.
    IF User.Loves('Edo') THEN ok() ELSE currReport.genSkip;
  • Options
    VisionsVisions Member Posts: 2
    If i got to "Extension Management" in the application I can select Install/Uninstall....

Anyway, regardless of the user involved... I need it logged (especially!) for Administrators as well. It does not matter if the extension got installed via PS or any other way.