Extension "loses" connection to dll

SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
I have created an extension where we are using WinSCP, through a default extension that we reference/have dependencies for.
The winscp files have been added to a folder in the add-ins and everything has been running fine.

Now we have extended some of the functionality in the extension. No change relateded to the Winscp, but within the same extension. (The base extension acrually referencing the dll has not been changed.) The changed extension compiles as it should, but after publishing and installing it on the testserver, we are getting an error saying "cannot create an instance of the following net framework object: assembly WinSCPnet …."

The files are not touched on the testserver, and the functionality using it hasn't been changed.
We've checked that the files are there. Restartet the service. Removed the extension and re-installed it. Run repair on both the default and new extension. Even recreated the symbols (Running NAV 14 CU4), but nothing helps.

Does anybody have similar experience, or an idea as to what to try next?

The default extension holds all references to dll files and common functionality such as handling FTP, errors and updates. The extra/new extension just fills in the values of the ftp site and then calls the functions in the default extension.
Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself

Best Answer

• SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
    Answer ✓
    Mystery solved. The extension is trickered by the Job Queue, and someone had decided to spin up a service on a seperate server, without the WinScp files, but with Task Scheduler active. So we were being hit by the other server/service grabbing the jobs.

Answers

• SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
    Answer ✓
    Mystery solved. The extension is trickered by the Job Queue, and someone had decided to spin up a service on a seperate server, without the WinScp files, but with Task Scheduler active. So we were being hit by the other server/service grabbing the jobs.