Options

Wrongly Posted Invoice

NagaboonaNagaboona Member Posts: 33
Good day,

NAV user has posted a Purchase Order (for Customer A) but mistakenly the invoice paid another Customer B.
Now on settling payment for Customer A the invoice is missing since it has gone to Customer B.
To correct the error, user posted a Credit Memo from customer B to Customer A which left a negative amount in Customer B and credited the same positive amount in Customer A.

Which steps do I need to take to correct this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edoderooedoderoo Member Posts: 89
    Purchase Orders are for suppliers (and you pay the supplier).
    Sales Orders are for Customers, and the customer pays you.

You can not create a credit note from one customer to the other, but maybe you booked something on these customers (or suppliers?) in the finance ledger?
    IF User.Loves('Edo') THEN ok() ELSE currReport.genSkip;
  • Options
    Thanks @edoderoo, I was supposed to mean Vendor instead of Customer. So I will rephrase my question line this:

NAV user has posted a Purchase Order (for Vendor A) but mistakenly the invoice paid another Vendor B.
    Now on settling payment for Vendor A the invoice is missing since it has gone to Vendor B.
    To correct the error, user posted a Credit Memo from Vendor B to Vendor A which left a negative amount in Vendor B and credited the same positive amount in Vendor A.
  • Options
    Thanks @edoderoo, could you please let me know of the steps I need to take to achieve this?