Control-AddIn Trigger not firing

Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
edited 2020-01-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi experts,

Problem:
I developed a ControlAddin for BC (140, WebClient, AL) which calls various Triggers of the usercontrol from Javascript via
Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.InvokeExtensibilityMethod('d3cControlReady', []);
On my local dev machine and our demo servers this works like a charm, everything gets called as it should be.
However when I deployed the AddIn to a customer system (BC140, OnPrem, WebClient) I noticed that the usercontrols triggers are not called.

Info:
The customer system has been upgraded from 2016 -> 2018 -> BC140 over the last years. There are no visible errors on the client when displaying the AddIn. Eventlog does not show anything regarding the issue. InvokeExtensibilityMethod is only called in the StartupScript.

Questions:
What could possibly cause this behaviour?
Are there any config parameters that would explain this?
How does InvokeExtensibilityMethod actually work? Where is it implemented?
Is there any way the upgrade(s) might have gone wrong to cause this?
Could this be a WebClient / IIS configuration issue?

I'm glad for any input. The issue has been plaguing me for quite some time now.

Austrian NAV/BC Dev

Answers

• KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    Do you have any other personalize addin being used by that customer?
  • Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    Thanks for taking the time to answer,

No there are no other AddIns installed at that customer's site, since it's pretty much a standard system.
    I'll try creating a mini-AddIn later and see if that works, however i doubt the addin code is at fault here, since it works on other systems/containers.

Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Have you tried checking that scripting is enabled under Internet Options of Internet Explorer?
    wsh2st77y1b5.png
  • Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    edited 2020-01-07
    Hi ShaiHulud,

Active Scripting is enabled. However since this is a client side setting it shouldn't influence how the add-in behaves in this scenario (since it works when hosted on another server/container).

Edit: This did not solve the problem.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev