Options

Job Queue Category Locked error when running JobQueuePosting

jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
edited 2019-05-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Do any one of you face any errors with Scheduled Tasks/Job Queues/JobQueueSalesPosting? This is on NAV2017 CU29.

The error is -->

The operation could not complete because a record in the Job Queue Category table was locked by another user. Please retry the activity.

This error is traced to Codeunit 448.

LOCAL WaitForOthersWithSameCategory(VAR JobQueueEntry : Record "Job Queue Entry") : Boolean
IF JobQueueEntry."Job Queue Category Code" = '' THEN
  EXIT(FALSE);

// Use the Job Queue Category as a semaphore so only one checks at the time.
[b]JobQueueCategory.LOCKTABLE;[/b]
IF NOT JobQueueCategory.GET(JobQueueEntry."Job Queue Category Code") THEN
  EXIT(FALSE);

I have even tried LOCKTABLE(TRUE) to wait for the record to be unlocked, but I still get this error.

Jordi

Answers

• Options
    gycsiakgycsiak Member Posts: 19
    I also face this issue, but with different tables. It seems, that the LOCKTABLE(TRUE); is not taken into account by the system and the Table1.MODIFY; command tries to run, while it seems that the LOCKTABLE(TRUE) wasn't succesfull...
  • Options
    jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    gycsiak wrote: »
    I also face this issue, but with different tables. It seems, that the LOCKTABLE(TRUE); is not taken into account by the system and the Table1.MODIFY; command tries to run, while it seems that the LOCKTABLE(TRUE) wasn't succesfull...

Hi gcysiak,

I solved this a long time ago. But, I upgraded to the latest CU, and this solved the issue. Please review the documentation of released cumulative updates for your Dynamics NAV version. And you should see one of the CUs having solved the issue with JobQueueCategory locking.

Jordi