Assign Charge(Item) to Multiple Receipts

I have a scenario, where I purchase goods and the same is kept at a third party godown. Based on my requirement I release the goods from the third party godown and receive them in my godown. Thus my actual receipts are not in for the entire goods but in tranches.
I also purchase freight service which is defined as Charge(Item) in NAV. But for purchase of Charge(Item), the entire value of the transaction has to be assigned to a GRN. But here as mentioned the GRN is happening in parts, so I have to assign it to the first GRN. This will not be correct as the freight cost will be assigned to the value of the goods for the first GRN. Also I cannot wait for the final GRN to happen before booking the freight purchase as the same may happen months after the actual receipt.
An e.g. for the same is as below.

Item P.O. = 10000 units
GRNs
GRN1 = 2000 units on 01/04/2019
GRN2 = 3000 units on 03/05/2019
GRN3 = 1000 units on 14/06/2019
GRN4 = 2000 units on 21/07/2019
GRN5 = 1500 units on 25/07/2019
GRN 6 = 500 units on 03/08/2019

Charge(Item) P.O. = $200.00 on 02/04/2019

Please suggest me how tackle the scenario
Thanks in advance. :)

Answers

• KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    Do you have a receipt for each GRN?
  • basicsbasics Member Posts: 5
    KTA8 wrote: »

Yes KT18 I have made separate receipts in NAV for each GRN
    basics wrote: »

In that case, I don't see the problem. You can assign the value correctly.
    The only problem that you could have it's timing because invoice could be late in your business scenario.
    basics wrote: »

In that case, I don't see the problem. You can assign the value correctly.
    The only problem that you could have it's timing because invoice could be late in your business scenario.

Hi KTA8 sorry for replying late.
    You are absolutely perfect with your word "The only problem that you could have it's timing because invoice could be late in your business scenario."
    I have to book the entire invoice for freight as soon I receive it or else I won't be able to make the payment as per the company policy (first invoice then payment). But the GRNs happen after the booking of the freight invoice, so I cannot assign the Charge(Item) at the time of filling for freight.
    Please let me know if there is some option in NAV for the scenario.
    Does your problem is more focused in costing analytics or in treasury previsions?
    > @KTA8 said:
    > Does your problem is more focused in costing analytics or in treasury previsions?

I hate to give this answer, but both are needed. I need to book the freight invoice, to make payment to service vendor on time.
    Also I need to load/assign the service cost to entire goods GRN, else the my inventory costing report will be gone for a toss.
    How much time differs from gods entrance to bill of service?
    How much time differs from gods entrance to bill of service?

Sorry KTA8 I was travelling had limited access to coonectivity so coudnt reply to you.

The time difference is in general between on to two months...
    We had that problem and we change the standar to input that indirect cost from the receipt of the service order instead waiting for bill. But I can advance you that it's something quite hard.
    Is quite some of linear? Maybe you could put it as an indirect cost on the item and make the bill as account.