Error 233

HseoHseo Member Posts: 1
I'm using SSMS client. In my client everything will connect fine, but if i go to another computer and try to connect to the server, it could't connect. What should I do?

Answers

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Configure SQL Server's supported protocols and open up the relevant ports on the firewalls.
  • MELISAMELISA Member Posts: 2
    Hi Hseo,
    To overcome the issue faced by users while authenticating the SQL Server through common fixes. There are some of the possible ways, which helps user to resolve the error by checking and enabling the following settings in SQL Configuration Manager as discussed below:

1. TCP/IP

There are two or more SQL Servers, which are associated across network. Then, all the communication is done by using TCP/IP protocol. There is a default port for SQL Server Installation, i.e. 1433. This port can be changed if required through SQL Server Configuration Manager. For SQL Server to be connected properly, TCP/IP should be enabled. However, if it is disabled then, follow the steps given below:

Open MS SQL Server in your system
    Go to configuration tools, and then open SQL Server Configuration Manager in your system >> SQL Server Network Configuration.
    Choose TCP/IP option and enable it with a right-click
    After completing the procedure, restart the SQL Server for the changes to take place.

2. Shared Memory Protocol

The Shared Memory Protocol is used for connecting SQL Server, which is running on the same system. It is not useful for most of the database activity. Sometimes, the user faces an authentication error, when Shared Memory protocol is disabled. It can be easily enabled with the few possible steps as discussed:

Go to Start → All Programs → MS SQL Server → Configuration Tools → SQL Server Configuration Manager.
    Choose SQL Server Network Configuration.
    Then, right-click on the option Shared Memory → Choose Enable. You can get more information and info about Error 233 here the website you can refer.