Can no longer access Docker environment

Not sure which forum to post this in, but please move it if this is the wrong one.

I have downloaded and have had a BC docker image running yesterday. I was able to access the development environment, Windows client, web client, and was able to do so extension work. Having restarted my machine I can no longer access any of the clients. I have used PowerShell to confirm that the service is running...

3a2uvatuoln4.png

I cannot connect to the database using the development environment...

eou00haq6akg.png

...and the same goes for the other clients.

I don't really know how to go about troubleshooting this :#

Can I somehow see what services are running in this docker container? If not, how do I tell if the SQL service is running?

I get the advantages which Docker offers over a traditional virtual machine, but it just seems so hard to do simple things like check services, explore and run files, etc, etc...

As always...
DazedAndConfused :s

Answers

• DazedAndConfusedDazedAndConfused Member Posts: 6
    No, it does not appear to be the "zombie container" issue as reported by Freddy. I am on a newer version than he reported to fix the issue, and I was able to stop and restart the container. I am still unable to connect to the NAV development client or connect via the web or windows clients. I guess the next step is to remove and recreate the container.
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    On your normal pc try running a "Docker PS" command in your shell and post the output here, this will give your the currency Status of your container.

And this try running a Entry-NAVContainer -ContainerName XX command and check in the SQL service is running.
    Last but least try checking the event view of the Container: Get-NavContainerEventLog

What information are your getting out of this?

On a site note: When you are getting more used to docker and the powershell commands, and how it all works, then docker does not seems so stupid, but at first I know it seems like a lot of extra work. It will pay of in the end :smile:
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • DazedAndConfusedDazedAndConfused Member Posts: 6
    Hi SanderDk, thanks for your reply!

In the end I decided to delete the container and recreate it. This was quite a good exercise as I think I have got my head around this process a little better now. I pulled down a new image and created a new container.

These posts from Freddy were invaluable....
    lrc8f5ua5hbk.png
    qqt1bc8qn7ks.png

And also this one which isn't BC related but gives good basic Docker information....
    8zyshz66yuce.png

Once I had got my new container up and running I managed to connect to the db via SSMS running on my local machine which was great and made me feel a little more confident. I then managed to connect VSCode and reconfigure my launch.json to point to the new environment. It is actually fun when it works!!

I was interested to see your comment with regards being able to see the services running in the Docker container...
    SanderDk wrote: »
    And this try running a Entry-NAVContainer -ContainerName XX command and check in the SQL service is running.
    Where do I run this - on my local machine? And at a command prompt or in PowerShell?
    SanderDk wrote: »
    On a site note: When you are getting more used to docker and the powershell commands, and how it all works, then docker does not seems so stupid, but at first I know it seems like a lot of extra work. It will pay of in the end :smile:
    I am beginning to come to that realisation myself. I truly appreciate where Microsoft are going with the product and the technology which surrounds it, but all this change presents a quite sharp learning curve and when you feel lost and frustrated it is easy to become quite disillusioned!

Not quite as...
    DazedAndConfused