Options

Modified standard report translation in AL

XeracyXeracy Member Posts: 3
Hi guys, Im pretty new to NAV so maybe someone can help me out. Im trying to create some new reports based on standard ones with small modifications. These reports have translation present in the system itself, but Visual Code only gets me the english xlf file...my question is, whats the easiest way to do this translation, without manually copypasting thousands of lines from the old translation file of the standard reports?

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    I do this kinda things one of two ways:
    1. If it is a standard report you can copy paste the language specific from your NAV Standard and add the new fields you are using. (Txt2al)

2. Subscribe to a translation service ex: "azure cognitive services" or "Lifecycle Services" where you can upload your english Xlf and get a translated version

I hope you can use one of my suggestions :)

For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    SanderDk wrote: »
    2. Subscribe to a translation service ex: "azure cognitive services" or "Lifecycle Services" where you can upload your english Xlf and get a translated version

I hope you can use one of my suggestions :)

I tried this one, but it gave me back an error and 0 explanation what was wrong with the uploaded file. Also the issue with this way is, that if I have like thousands of lines, you have to verify anyways one by one if the translation did not produce a mistranslation...

• Options
    SanderDk wrote: »
    I do this kinda things one of two ways:
    1. If it is a standard report you can copy paste the language specific from your NAV Standard and add the new fields you are using. (Txt2al)

Yea my problem with this is that I was working with like 10+ reports at the same time, which means it created 1 huge xlf file for me and since you can not modify standard reports in bc anymore, but have to create new ones the IDs will be also different. Now I have one huge messed up file...anyways I guess I have to copypaste the reports one by one and change the IDs and hope that the dataitem ids and property ids did not change...