Options

FIND RECORD POSITION IN A PAGE LIST PART BEFORE THE "LINE NO." ASSIGNMENT

Hi, anybody knows how to get the position of a record before the key assignment?
example: from sales order page I add a line on the subform and before the "line no" assignment I don't know the position from code.
That because I need to recreate the line no. assignment for a custom page. I try to use the trigger "OnNewRecord" but I have some problems in some cases.

Thanks

Best Answers

• Options
    FunkyFrankyFunkyFranky Member Posts: 3
    Answer ✓
    Ok find the solution, in the trigger OnNewRecord of the page there is the parameter BelowxRec that tell you if you insert the line after or prev the xRec
  • Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    If you want to recreate functionality of Sales Order Subform, then you should use "AutoSplitKey" property on the page/form - that's what assigns the Line No. automatically without any code.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Ok find the solution, in the trigger OnNewRecord of the page there is the parameter BelowxRec that tell you if you insert the line after or prev the xRec
  • Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    If you want to recreate functionality of Sales Order Subform, then you should use "AutoSplitKey" property on the page/form - that's what assigns the Line No. automatically without any code.
  • Options
    Cool thanks!
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!