Hi, I got a problem in roles of SA in microsoft NAV Dynamics with sql server 2009

Hi,

I am relatively new to Microsoft Navision 2009. My Company still uses it and wants me to customize it. I have read online that Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic with SQL server is the right tool to do that and i am able to connect the database to this software as well. Now upon successful login yesterday, i have tried to create a new user in navision for myself. Already done that in SQL server mgmt studio and need to do that here. So went to database login and tried to create User. it was not accepting any of the users which were there in the SQL security login directory.

So i tried using SA which is general and sort of super account. However, I don't want to implement any roles for this SA. I tried exiting the window and now this user SA is able to login using this software but unable to see any thing as its permissions are changed which it was seeing earlier. Can anyone help me on how to get its permissions back in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 with SQL server. I meant to see and edit things in this software.

I am really stuck on this point. Really appreciate help from anybody.

Thanks

Mustafa

Answers

• mohit0989mohit0989 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Mustafa,

You will need to delete all the users data from the below tables:
    delete from [dbo].[User]
    delete from [dbo].[Access Control]
    delete from [dbo].[User Property]
    delete from [dbo].[Page Data Personalization]
    delete from [dbo].[User Default Style Sheet]
    delete from [dbo].[User Metadata]
    delete from [dbo].[User Personalization]

then try again. It might resolve.
  • MKhan2019MKhan2019 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Mohit,

Thanks for your response. You mean i should go into SQL Server mgmt studio and delete the user from there. Really appreciate your info on this matter.

Thanks Mohit.
  • Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    Hi,

I'd strongly recommend you to contact your Microsoft Partner / a professional NAV Developer to resolve the issue with you. Straight up deleting things using SQL and therefore skipping NAV Logic is the simplest way to ruin your database. Especially don't execute queries suggested by strangers on the internet in a production environment.

Other than that, if you are still able to login with an Account with permissions to assign roles, use that Account to give your newly created one the SUPER role.

/Wisa
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • MKhan2019MKhan2019 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Wisa. Really appreciate your insight. I have been thinking of doing the same as creating as Super User. I did that but again i am unable to login into the Microsoft dynamics NAV with SQL server using that super user which i created in SQL mgmt studio. I just need to enter the development to creat a new user and customize some navision pages. That is the actual requirement.