New WebServer Instance 2017 error

norsenynorseny Member Posts: 19
edited 2017-08-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I have a problem adding a new webserver instance. I am using the powershell command,

(PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> New-NAVWebServerInstance -WebServerInstance DynamicsNAVTEST –Server TEST –ServerInstance DynamicsNAV100TEST -ClientServicesCredentialType Windows)

but I am getting the following error:

New-NAVWebServerInstance : ClientServicesCredentialType 'Windows' is not compatible with Web Client authentication mode in use: 'Windows'

In Dynamics NAV Administration in General Tab I have already selected 'Windows' as my Credential Type. Also in config file ClientUserSettings.config and in web.config (in C:\inetpub\wwwroot) the credential type is set to Windows
( <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="Windows"/>).

I am running out of ideas what to do. Did anyone of you face the same problem?
I will appreciate any tips!

Answers

• norsenynorseny Member Posts: 19
    Warning from Event Viewer, in case it helps:

Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.Exceptions.NavCommandException
    SuppressMessage: False
    SuppressExceptionCreatedEvent: False
    FatalityScope: None
    Message: <ii>ClientServicesCredentialType 'Windows' is not compatible with Web Client authentication mode in use: 'Windows'</ii>
    StackTrace:
    w Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.WebServerUserAuthenticationSettingsValidator.Validate(NavClientCredentialType clientServicesCredentialType, AuthenticationMode webClientUserAuthenticationType, String dnsIdentity, String acsUri)
    w Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.Cmdlets.NewNavWebServerInstance.InternalValidate()
    w Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.NavCommand.ProcessRecord()
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management
    HResult: -2146233088
  • I am having the same error message when running that command. Did you find a solution?
  • norsenynorseny Member Posts: 19
    Yes, the problem was the port numbers in IIS for MS Dynamics Web Clients- I had the same port number (8080 - default) for all versions of the Web Client (2015, 2016, 2017). After changing port numbers the problem was resolved.

Anyway, it would be so much easier if the error displayed was different than the current "Windows <> Windows'"
  • atpiyushatpiyush Member Posts: 12
    I don't think this is the possible cause of this problem as I was facing same issue. When I was experimenting, in the middle of nowhere this problem arises.

I have all web clients running on different ports still facing this issue.
  • You need to type ...credentialtype 'Windows' and not just Windows, the ' ' helped me!