item copy

albertoalberto Member Posts: 59
edited 2004-03-09 in Navision Attain
Is there a way to copy item card with some of its datas, as you do with orders, invoices........?
Or any time I have to build another item card?

thanks
Alberto

Comments

• Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

There is no way either to copy the information from one item card to another, or have template items, in standard Navision, so you have to manually enter each new item.

However, this is something that your NSC should be able to develop for you.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 99
    Hi

You will have to use
    Edit, Select All(CTRL+A), COPY.
    You then create New blank record Insert (F3), Paste data, THEN Rename
    the "No." field or you will a have a duplicate record.

Also a reminder you will have to set the "Unit of Measure", as this will not be set up.
    Answer the question and wait for the answer.
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    You will have to use
    Edit, Select All(CTRL+A), COPY.
    You then create New blank record Insert (F3), Paste data, THEN Rename
    the "No." field or you will a have a duplicate record.
    You COULD do this, but it is a dangerous practise to start with end users as they then start to think about what other things they can use this for. Whilst shortcuts are useful, they do not run the field validation routines so it becomes a VERY dangerous practice.

Go with Edwards suggestion and speak to your NSC as they can write a routine that will run all the necessary field validations
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    The select copy works great. we use it all the time.

for example we carry some loreal hair colors where the only difference is the color#

loreal preference color #56
    loreal preference color #57
    etc..

instead of having to type out 100 of these we used the select-copy.

just take your time..

you'll get a message that says "item already exists" or something like that - just change the item number & don't forget to update the UOM.
  • IvankoIvanko Member Posts: 1
    edited 2019-07-26
    Hi,

I am interested in knowing if there is a copy Item function in Business Central? I just know there are Item Templates.
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • aacnsilvaaacnsilva Member Posts: 23
    SanderDk wrote: »

The report does exist, but it's not W1 available. In other locations you may not get that report, that is, the copy item functionality.
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    aacnsilva wrote: »

The report does exist, but it's not W1 available. In other locations you may not get that report, that is, the copy item functionality.

I have justed pulled the lateste W1 Images in docker, and the report do exist in W1:
    cmh89awbm3t4.png

For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • aacnsilvaaacnsilva Member Posts: 23
    aacnsilva wrote: »

I have justed pulled the lateste W1 Images in docker, and the report do exist in W1:
    cmh89awbm3t4.png

My W1 version is 14.0.29537 :smile:
    I'm glad they added the functionality to all localizations. :smile:
    @Ivanko just be aware that this is really pretty new and you probably don't have it on your database. Just install the latest W1 version and import the report to your database. :sunglasses: