Web Service Create method to add a Sales Order in NAV by using SOAPUI.

dbabasdbabas Member Posts: 33
Hello all,

I'm trying to create a new sales order in NAV through a page Web Service by using SOAPUI. The page published as WS is the standard page 42 (I know it's not a good practice but it's just for testing).

The problem is that the call with an empty "No." doesn't work and returns the following error:
Primary key element No in service SalesOrder_Service is empty or null. Empty and null elements are not allowed in primary keys.

The same occurs even if I send the "No. Series" value in the call.

If I assign any other value to "No.", it returns a different error as follows:
You may not enter numbers manually. If you want to enter numbers manually, please activate Manual Nos. in No. Series S-ORD-1

I also tried by totally removing the "No." element but this kills the NAV Service!

Obviously, if I setup the "No. Series" to allow a manual entry it won't have any issues, however, what I'm trying to achieve is the standard behaviour to automaticaly assign a number.

Anyone who managed to resolve this please?

otyph55skvio.png

Best Answer

• dbabasdbabas Member Posts: 33
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Just to share that what I said above is inaccurate. If I omit the "No." element and without any other elements, it works perfectly fine. What I was trying before is to pass the "Sell-to Customer No." at the same time and this was causing the error.

ehzh4ihimry7.png

Answers

• dbabasdbabas Member Posts: 33
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Just to share that what I said above is inaccurate. If I omit the "No." element and without any other elements, it works perfectly fine. What I was trying before is to pass the "Sell-to Customer No." at the same time and this was causing the error.

ehzh4ihimry7.png