Options

User Personalization Lost After Installing a New Extension

JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
We recently installed a custom extension that I wrote to extend the Sales Order and Sales Order Subform pages. When we installed this in the live database, all of the users lost their User Personalizations on that page. I am relatively new to extension development and had not run into this before.

My questions are:
1) How common is it for a page extension to cause users to lose their user personalizations?
2) What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

I have attempted to reproduce the issue in our test environment but have not yet succeeded.
Joseph Gress

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Hi @JosephGress,
    I have delopyed a lot of extension and I have never encountered this before, what version(major and minor) are you running?

In C/side I often have had to remove personalizations, if I have removed a field some users have changed in there personalizations stores, are you removing any fields?
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
    Thanks SanderDk for your response.

Regarding your questions:

We are currently running NAV 2018 cumulative update 8 executables with NAV 2018 RTM application code.

Here are all the changes that I made in the Sales Order and Sales Order subform page extensions that I created:

1) I set a dependency to an extension that was created by an ISV
    2) I set Visibility to False for
    - a field from the ISV extension and
    - one standard action.
    3) I added a new field and a new action.
    4) I changed the caption of one field which had also been changed by the ISV's extension.
    5) I added a tooltip on one field
    Joseph Gress