Using WebService to add line in a Journal batch

yannjyannj Member Posts: 4
Hello,

I am trying to automate bank statement entries insertion into a Journal batch.
I configured a webservice to expose the page 39, testing with OData and SOAP gave this error : "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Data Services attempted to issue a client callback to run page 250 General Journal Template List as modal. Client callbacks are not supported on Microsoft Dynamics NAV Data Services." but after adding a filter including : Journal_Batch_Name and Journal_Template_Name, I was able to retrieve entries.

Now when trying to create a new object (either by ODATA or SOAP), I am getting the exact same error. "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Data Services attempted to issue a client callback to run page 250 General Journal Template List as modal. Client callbacks are not supported on Microsoft Dynamics NAV Data Services."

Does anyone has an idea of how to perform the task correctly? My understanding is that an interactive element is being used but there is no such event when using the interface. Additional information: I don't have the development granule.

Answers

• yannjyannj Member Posts: 4
    Any idea or advise ?
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Hi @yannj,
    When you Publish a NAV page, you are exposing a lot of functions and evert time you hit a piece of code not supported you Will have an error.

If it was me that was tasked with this, I would start from scratch with creating a med codeunit/xmlport to handle this 😊 This way you can also control which functions are available
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
    Hum ok!
    Could you advise on the type of granule and tools I need to perform this kind of action.
    My purpose is to importe bank operations from our banking export
    Why are you trying to do this by exposing a webservice from NAV?
    Why not import a file directy into nav using a xmlport or a codeunit?
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
    Actually, I am a end user. So for me, as a end user without any developments granule, I can only use webservices to push Data.
    In another way, interacting with soap and odata is less intrusive, in my own feeling.
    If you have time to give the right guidelines I would be really thankful
    Hi @yannj
    Even if you are a end user you properly have a couple of report in your licens you can use to import the files :smile:
    If you open C/side and create a page (1000) and use table "license permission", You will have a list of object in your licens you can use. (Page 1000 is always in the license).

I would not try to do this by a webservice of page 39, so unfortunately I do not have any code you might could use :neutral: sorry