Is Dynamics NAV Icons Image Library free to use?

asghasgh Member Posts: 5
edited 2019-06-25 in NAV Tips & Tricks
Hello,

I came across Dynamics NAV Icons Image Library.

I’m developing an MS-Access application which uses NAV 2016 as part of the backend and I’d like to use the layout and icons of NAV for the Access App. However I’m not sure if there is a copyright on the icons or are they free to use? Do you have an official Microsoft link to read about it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Answers

• DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    edited 2019-06-25
    Check https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellectualproperty/permissions/default.aspx under the header Microsoft Icons.
    Microsoft product icons are the thumbnail-sized images indicating that a Microsoft product has been installed on your operating system. Icons may not be used in advertising, in books and other printed matter, on clothing or other promotional items, in online and Internet locations, in software applications, in television programs, in commercials, in movies, or on video.

You may use Microsoft product icons in training manuals or documentation about a Microsoft product. The use of the icon must be specific to the function of the icon within the Microsoft software. The icon may not be used as a graphical or design element. Icons cannot be modified or altered and must appear as they would within the Microsoft software.

If you have licensed a Microsoft development tool, review the redistributable section of the EULA to learn which Microsoft properties may be redistributed by licensees.
  • asghasgh Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the link.
    So the answer is: No, you can not use the icons. That's bad, of course.

Do you know of some other free icon library similar to the NAV icon library?
    edited 2019-06-25
    Thank you for the link. Do you know some commercial libraries which are better than the "open icon library", if there are not better free libraries.
  • TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    edited 2019-06-25
    There are many, but I've never used them. Just look around, google is your friend!
    https://www.freepik.com/free-icons/business
    Ok thank you. I've searched and found some other libraries as well like this one icons8.com
  • TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    Looking good!
    I think so, too. But I'm afraid that the collection may be not enough. We will see...