Report BC AL : Howto detect rdlc errors

gtrennert2gtrennert2 Member Posts: 23
Hello
In earlier versions I remember that we had a "build" option - I don't know exactly the name - but it allowed to see errors in Visual studio and we did not need to save go to NAV, accept rdlc changes and compile to the the error.
I'm now with VS2017 and I can't find this option
In AL we get no compiling error if rdlc is the source of the problem
is there some way to find the "build" option again or is there any other way to know what the errors are in rdlc

Answers

• Sachin_Sachin_ Member Posts: 67
    Hello @gtrennert2,

Go to Solutions and Folders dropdown list and select your solution again, the build option will become available.
  • gtrennert2gtrennert2 Member Posts: 23
    thanks - it works
  • Sachin_Sachin_ Member Posts: 67
    Hello @gtrennert ,

Please mark as accepted if it has resolved you issue so that this thread can be closed
  • gtrennert2gtrennert2 Member Posts: 23
    Finally it does not work
    the rdlc file is in a vsc workspace and not in a solution vs - its an isolated file
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    @gtrennert2
    Unfortunately right not it is not possible to build in Visual studio, as you stated yourself in is no longere a solution, but a single file.

As far as I know there are three options to validate your layout.
    1. Deploy extension
    2.If you only a concert with changed and validating your layout, you can go to "Custom Report Layouts" and select report and upload the new rldc file, that will validate your layout
    3. Create the report in C/Side and use Txt2Al.exe
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.