Options

Multiple NAV users at one Windows account

MonikaRBMonikaRB Member Posts: 7
Dear users,

I was asked for some research, but I'm fairly new to the BC world and I cannot really find what I'm searching for.

There is a case where our customer would love its workers to log in into one Windows account when they start the work and from there each of the worker would have his personalized Client icon he can easily log in. By personalized I mean that he would be asked to log in with NAV user credentials while he click on the icon. It's because they tend to forget to log in to their own account if they are now having one, general log in to the Client.

Any tips how this can be solved?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    edited 2019-06-14
    Presuming you use BC on premise version with RTC, you can change the Credential Type of your service tier to UserName or NavUserPassword. Or create a new tier with that property
    The windows shortcut that is used to open the RTC should point to a clientusersettings.config file that directs them to that service tier. The user will then be asked to enter credentials for login. A general login is possible, but I doubt multiple users can be active on one account. There have been some changes in the way BC deals with that.
  • Options
    edited 2019-06-14
    Thank for answer TallyHO,

Is it then possible to modify the .config file in the way that it will also know to credentials(username) for the user and then they could have 12 icon on the desktop for each user and each will point to the .config file with their credentials?
  • Options
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/configuring-the-windows-client

In het above link are the available settings for this file. Credentials are not in it.
  • Options
    Yes, I know they are not in, but I would like to find out if it's possible to add them in
  • Options
    8grjdj6cw11e.png

But you're free to try ;)
  • Options
    Thanks Tally :) I'm not a developer but I will try my best ;)
  • Options
    I have more hope in adding something like username=username&password=mypassword to the url (in the file). But.. never seen it done.