Gap between Body and footer in report?

mdsrmdsr Member Posts: 163
i have design a report in and layout is design As header+body+footer now while running report it shows absolutely ok on preview.but when i click on print layout it will shows gap between body and footer.in body i have taken list in body on that i added table for multiple copies

Best Answer

Answers

• TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    What preview do you use? The one that shows you the actual document layout, or the standard one?
  • mdsrmdsr Member Posts: 163
    @TallyHo when report run stander-ed preview available in nav i using same i click on request page preview. then it show new window called print preview
    thanks
  • Sachin_Sachin_ Member Posts: 67
    Hello @mdsr can u share that screenshot of layout so that it can be clear to understand
    Oh I get it now (I hope). The preview and the layout preview difference.. The layout preview is what you get when you print it. If you use a footer in vs report builder, this will show on the bottom of you page. Always, so it leaves space between the body and the footer. The regular preview doesn't take this into account, it just works different. The footer (as a body section of the vs layout) just works that way.
    v786laxdcdk4.png
    i have attached screenshot sachin gap is at footer and body
    It is as I thought, using the footer section, your data will always be alligned to the bottom of the report.
    actually previous i added footer text in body but it showing empty space in while item is multiple in body and all footer goes in to next page with remaining item which not fit on first page then i removed footer from text box from body and created separate footer but now it showing me gap in footer and body
    Just find another way to add this texbox to the body of the report. What you want is not possible using the footer property of an rdlc report.
    @TallyHo trying same :)
  • PatrickGrabensteinerPatrickGrabensteiner Member Posts: 10
    edited 2019-06-13
    When you click on print layout the report is getting rendered to the definde paper size (see at report proberties in Report Builder). If your Body is not filling a whole page you will get a whitespace which is filling the rest of page. If you don't want this behaviour but your footer to the Body.
    edited 2019-06-13
    @PatrickGrabensteiner are you saying i have to adjust footer data in body part and don't use footer ?
    Hello @mdsr I agree with what @TallyHo Said but i think you can drag the footer upwards it will narrow the gap between body and footer
  • PatrickGrabensteinerPatrickGrabensteiner Member Posts: 10
    @mdsr the footer Position is fixed in the print layout. It just depends on the footer height. As far as i know you can not change this dynamically.
    I normally use a tablix for such a Problem an have one field for header one for body and one for footer. In this case the footer will always start right after the body
    @Sachin_ i have dragged footer up and body part at just above it still having gap
    fddaj5o0nxwq.png
    @mdsr Now narrow the space which i can see on the right of your report layout and check
    @Sachin_ i have added space to show position of footer thats all
    edited 2019-06-13

:)