Options

Error while opening Dynamics NAV 2016 Administration console

Hi friends,

[Version: NAV 2016]

I need to open the Dynamics NAV 2016 Administration console and check the configurations. When I tried to open the Dynamics NAV 2016 Administration console, I am getting the errors that I have attached. But the service is running at the backend.

Error:
FX:{ba484c42-ed9a-4bc1-925f-23e64e686fcf}

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.ManagementUI, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyString, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInClient.CreateSnapIn(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.ClassLibraryServices.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IClassLibraryServices.CreateSnapIn(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInInitializationOperation.OnStart()
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RunningOperationsTable.EnqueueOperation(Operation operation)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.FrameworkSnapInFactory.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.ISnapInFactory.CreateSnapIn(Int32 bookkeepingId, String snapInKey, Object& snapIn)

Can anyone tell me the solution?

Comments

• Options
    Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    seems some issue might have happened while you installed NAV or later. Try reinstalling NAV admin tools or repair. hope you have admin rights.
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    Aravindh_NavisionAravindh_Navision Member Posts: 258
    edited 2019-02-27
    Thanks for your reply Developer101.

I have rectified the issue. A DLL file Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.ManagementUI.dll was missing. I copied and pasted in the respective folder and now it is working fine.
  • Options
    Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    Thanks for letting us know. Yes it was missing as the first message of error clearly tells that. reinstalling might have loaded the missing dll. good that you have rectified it by copying it
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    Aravindh_NavisionAravindh_Navision Member Posts: 258
    Copied the DLL file in below path where Service tier is installed.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\RoleTailored Client\

Thanks once again.