How to use serial number through excel while importing by XML port?

Sai_123Sai_123 Member Posts: 18
8gjba7zildvo.png

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    You need to provid more info.
    What are you trying to import?
    How does your XMLport look like, and so on.
    ex:
    Ff you are trying to import sales order with serial no. is it different code from it is Purchase.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Sai_123Sai_123 Member Posts: 18
    I have a data in excel sheet and while importing I'm getting that error. no it's not any navision table created a new table of my own.In table i took field (Serial no.) in xml port i did'nt took field.by codin
    How does you table look like?
    How does your xmlport look like?
    Both Information is need to help you with the code.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
    i messaged you personally
    ht0qy72ict2a.png
    0eak1ylvi971.png
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'Navision DOS' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

I am a little surprised people are still looking at the "Navision DOS" forum.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Are you anywhere in your XMLport or on Insert trigger in your table assigning Serial No.?
    My first guess would be that your are not assigning a Serial No. and there your you try to insert more than one record with a blank primary key.
    sg0gvn607zce.png

My keys are This so Kindly if any coding is there let me know the code
    The code depends on what you want with the serial no?
    if you are not importing it in the file, then what values do you want?
    The serial no should automatically increased without data in excel sheet while we are importing like 0,1,2,3,4 to the required data in sheet without having serial no field in excel sheet.
    The you need to should change it to a integer field and add your code on insert tigger
    I changed it,How to write code i want to know about that.. can you write that coding
    I will not write the code for you, this is a help forum I will be happy to advice you with code, but I am not gonna write it for you.

For example on how to write you code you can have a look at the OnInsert Trigger of table 96 there you can find almost your entire solution.