AL Variable Helper

I have created an extension for VS Code.
If you are building AL apps for NAV, I could really use your feedback on missing features and bugs.

Download the extension here or search for AL Variable Helper in VS Code.
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=rasmus.al-var-helper

Comments

• MMattMMatt Member Posts: 14
    edited 2019-01-11
    Just grabbed this extension. No issues so far.

Is there a way to customize the snippets a bit? Add other "abbreviations" for the short variants?
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    @MMatt
    To Customize snippets, changes:
    C:\Users\<User>\.vscode\extensions\rasmus.al-var-helper-<Version>\snippets\al.json

To change abbreviations:
    C:\Users\<User>\.vscode\extensions\rasmus.al-var-helper-<Version>\server\server.js

@RasmusAaen
    I have been using your AL helper for some time, I am quite pleased with it, it speeds up the development process.
    I have changed your predefined snippets to fit my personality preference, but that is pretty much the only thing I did not use out of the box.

Keep up the good work :)
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • MMattMMatt Member Posts: 14
    @SanderDk
    That will work, but I'm assuming an update to the extension would void those changes which is why I'd like settings or local files that won't be touched.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can also add personal snippets. In VSCode open User Snippets from the preferences and go ahead. You can copy the snippet from the file up here and then give it another name so you know which one to use. Personal snippets are not affected by an extension update