Import Data from web service and store in tables

MubasherMubasher Member Posts: 25
Hello Everyone,
I have to get data from a web service in xml form and i have to store that data in dynamics nav 2018 table. I am not familiar how can i import data in dynamics nav without using any visual studio console app or windows service.

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Hi Mubasher,
    There are a lot of ways of doing that,
    You can have a look at a XMLPort or a codeunit (You can use XMLBuffer table) or XMLDom (or any other tool to your liking)
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • MubasherMubasher Member Posts: 25
    I have google that but everywhere i found that they are using visual studio project and getting data from nav through codeunit.
    I have to get data from a web reference or service and insert that data into dynamics nav table. If you know any helping link kindly share with me.
    I think, you are searching with the wrong key words :-) There a lot of articles about inport files into NAV.
    But you have to be more specific about what you need to accoublish.
    Import a XML document into NAV is very easy as flat data, but depending on what you want to do with the data it gets hard.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • MubasherMubasher Member Posts: 25
    I Have to call web api on button click and i have to get data from that web api and import that data from web api to dynamics nav table. If you know sometimes similar example kindly provide me that reference.
    A first you stated that you need to import a XML file. That is one thing.
    but now you are talking API, that is another world :smile:
    My personal is to use dotNet Class in C/AL to interact with webservice :-)
    You can have a look at this blog:
    http://www.dynamics.is/?tag=web-services
    There a lot of tips or this:
    https://marcellusnav.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/nav-integration-with-trello/