Integration with Emaint

Hi

Does anyone have experience with integrations via Webservices, specifcally a 3rd party system called Emaint?

Comments

• tarkmylertarkmyler Member Posts: 57
    No experience with emaint. Do you have a url with a description of the services?

I wrote an integration for Classic and Three-Tier for Vin65 that pulled down point of sale transactions for processing in NAV, pushed up inventory levels, and synchronized masterfile info. There was a vb.net component and a NAV codeunit that referenced the .net object and managed the calls.

https://documentation.vin65.com/Webservices/Webservices-v3
    Mark Tyler
    Pacific City, OR
  • Village_IdiotVillage_Idiot Member Posts: 14
    I have an API document. My customer is still on NAV 2013. I can attach and maybe you can give me an idea of effort?
    Attach the document and elaborate on what services they are interested in implementing. For instance, what information do they want to send and receive from emaint? Classify what they want into masterfile and transactional data - ie: sync vendors, import maintenance time entries.
    Mark Tyler
    Pacific City, OR
    Thank you.
    High level...

1. Items in NAV > Emaint - only certain items based on prefix in No. field
    2. Vendors / Suppliers > Emaint
    3. Purchase Orders in NAV > Emaint
    4. Purchase Receipts in NAV > Emaint
    5. Item adjustments in NAV <> Emaint
    6. Item consumption/ relief / reductions <> Emaint

Job Queue triggered polling / exchange of information between two systems.
    Much appreciated
    Does emaint offer any "standard" integration code examples? Perhaps in C# - or will you be the pioneer? If they can offer any sample code it would speed the process of developing a "bridge" (dll) object that could be referenced in a NAV codeunit and play nice. The tools available for integration are so much easier to work with in the .NET world.
    Mark Tyler
    Pacific City, OR
    Nope, this is pioneer work
    Pioneers are often found face down with arrows in their back ;)

I'd qualify these guys with a 200 hour ballpark and if they say yes, find a .net tutor who you can call when you get stuck wandering around in C#. It's a lot of fun, and there is a ton of help online, but it can really chew up the clock.

You might try a scope engagement of 40 hrs. and see if you can "hello world" the emaint service. Get familiar with SoapUI , Fiddler and Wireshark as 3rd party utilities to help you past some of the bumps in the road.
    Mark Tyler
    Pacific City, OR
    Thank you so much for the advice. Much appreciated
    and yes about the pioneers. I have a few arrow holes.