Definition of Item table has changed. Possibly related to out of hours SQL job

Hi all,

We have a customer that is getting a sporadic issue where users are getting an error that the definition of table 27 has changed. This is simply and easily rectified by re-compiling the object, however we are trying to get to the root of what is causing this error.

From looking at the event viewer, it appears that this is happening out of hours on a Sunday when a third party is running SQL maintenance jobs which makes a backup, updates statistics and rebuilds indexes. We have been in contact with them and they have reviewed the job stating that this job doesn't modify any data. Could the index rebuilding be changing the table definition? Maybe it's affecting the metadata or something along those lines?

Any ideas?

Answers

• archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    ask them if they do something with the keys.
    as workaround stop the sql jobs, run/create simple backup job with ssms.
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/
  • garmoogarmoo Member Posts: 17
    archer89 wrote: »

Thanks, I'll do that!
  • garmoogarmoo Member Posts: 17
    archer89 wrote: »

They have come back to advise that the job re-indexes the table, which does not alter the design of the table – including the keys.

There's another job I've spotted that runs at the same time in the windows Task Scheduler that also uses Nav. I've asked the customer to reschedule this in the hopes that the problem was caused by both running at once.