Exporting contacts to excel from Segment shows only header line

MummigerMummiger Member Posts: 5
Hi everybody,

I am facing an issue regarding the contact Export from the segment Card.

Situdation: I added some contacts to the segment with the Action add contacts. Afterwards I want to Export the contacts from the segment Card into an Excel file wit the action Export contacts. NAV asks me which fields of the query should be exported. After I selected the fields that I want to see in the excel file the standard Windows Pop up asks me if I want to save the Excel file or just open it. If I click on open Excel starts and I see the Header line of me Export with the column topics, but there is no data. When I save the file I got the same Problem.

I tried this with several NAV versions (2017 & 2018 builds) and I am not sure what can cause the error. Is there a setup that I need to do with the excel addin?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    The export contact action on segment page tries to export it to txt file?
    United Kingdom
    you are exporting to csv right? not have any issues
    United Kingdom
  • MummigerMummiger Member Posts: 5
    No I am exporting to excel(xlsx) file and I am using the action on the page.
    you need to export it to csv
    United Kingdom
    Why should an excel(xlsx) export be used as csv export? This is a standard Query that offers me by default the export as excel. Even if I save the file as csv the exported file just has a header line and no records.
  • JOOSTBOGAARDTJOOSTBOGAARDT Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem. It's becoming urgent as customer needs it before next weekend go-live..... Hope anyone can lift the magic curtain.
    I do not have that feature of export to xlsx it seems , can you guys know what version and localisation you are using?
    United Kingdom
    NAV2018 CU5 NLD localization.
    Does this standard feature ( i believe it is ) and appear on segment page?
    United Kingdom
    yes it is standard feature. when I open the excel file, there is no data, but it says "failed to retrieve server config".
    I got the issue in 2018 CU 6, 2018 CU 8 and 2017 CU 4. This action is on the segment page.
    Well I have not that option , i have only have an option that runs Export Segment Contact xmlport which supposed to export the contacts as txt or csv.
    United Kingdom