Lookup on field in request page

Hi,

I'm new to NAV, and for the first time, I have made a request page for a new report in NAV 2009.

In the request page, the user can enter a filter on item numbers. The entered value is saved in a text variable, I use later on.

I would like to add a lookup arrow to the field, but nomatter what I do, there is no lookup arrow.

How do I make my text variable ("ItemFilter") lookup to Item."No."?

Best Answer

Answers

• HatchetHarryHatchetHarry Member Posts: 24
    Add a tablerelation to Item.
  • MortenSteengaardMortenSteengaard Member Posts: 130
    I have a TableRelation on my field. I have tried 'Item', 'Item."No." ' and ' "Sales Line"."No." '. All of them combined with entering values in the properties Lookup and/or LookupFormID.

ul6q98rpmhvc.jpg

2oph0i1e7nsl.jpg

izdabbxqscra.jpg

• HatchetHarryHatchetHarry Member Posts: 24
    You are making changes to the Request Page, but you are showing the Request Form.
    I don't know the difference between Request Form (RF) and Request Page (RP).

I made a RP, but I couldn't see it, so I made a RF. I didn't know it was the RF, I saw.

When I set the property UseReqForm to No, the report starts printing right away.

How do I use my Request Page?
  • mucamuca Member Posts: 42
    How do I use my Request Page?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    1. You should use Role Tailored Client (RTC) application
    2. Report should be designed with Request Page and Layout.
    When one of that things are missing (disabled) for Your report the Request form and Report Sections will be shown.

Also You can not use these things from native (Navision) client application (fin.exe and/or finsql.exe)
    OK. Thank you very much - both of you!

Now I use the Request Form (not RTC) and the lookup is working fine because I added a TableRelation on the Request Form.

When I choose an item in the lookup form, I get the item number and it is automatically saved in my field.

I would like my user to be able to enter something like "22222..33333|555" in the field using the lookup. But when my field has the value "22222.." and I use the lookup to find item number 33333, it overwrite the value in my field, so it only has the value "33333" afterwards.

Can I get that functionallity automatic or do I have to code the LookUp myself?
  • mucamuca Member Posts: 42
    edited 2018-11-12
    Using table relation - NO
    Then You should write a code in OnLookup trigger for this request form field.
    and/or use function GetSelectionFilter from Item List form ;o)
    Now it works fine!

I still use TableRelation, but has set the property ClearOnLookup to No, and ValidateTableRelation to No.

Thank you very much!