NAV table designer and Database

As I open the object designer and go to the table designer then it shows all the available tables in NAV, right? So, my question is that particular table(table designer) that contains all the tables in NAV, what is that table called? And is it itself a Navision table?
I need to put all the navision tables that are present there in a dropdown. Is it possible to do so?

Best Answer

Answers

• Neelam_AryaNeelam_Arya Member Posts: 9
    @KTA8 thank you so much for replying, but can you be more specific? Does this mean that I need to refer object metadata in the tablerelation property to get all the navision tables's names in the dropdown menu?

Thanks in advance.
    Also, once I have chosen the table from the menu, the other field has to be automatically populated with a dropdown menu of the given fields in that chosen table, how to achieve that?
  • KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    @KTA8 thank you so much for replying, but can you be more specific? Does this mean that I need to refer object metadata in the tablerelation property to get all the navision tables's names in the dropdown menu?

Thanks in advance.

Correct. If you only want tables or something specific you can filter for Object Type
  • KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    Also, once I have chosen the table from the menu, the other field has to be automatically populated with a dropdown menu of the given fields in that chosen table, how to achieve that?

I don't get you. What other field?
    @KTA8 so we have a dropdown menu of all the tables in a field and now whatever the table the user chooses from that we have to provide the corresponding fields of that table in another field automatically and user should be able to choose some specific field of that table.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    You should use the AllObjWithCaption table and the Field Table.

There are examples in NAV for this kind of selections. See for example the objects for the RIM toolkit ("Config. *")
    @vaprog Hey thanks for replying, so the AllObjWithCaption table worked for the all NAV tables dropdown but I didn't get what you mean by field table?
    Can you maybe share the link of these examples?
  • thomas_barbutthomas_barbut Member Posts: 19
    Hello,

Check out this link: https://community.dynamics.com/nav/b/tharangacnavblog/archive/2018/02/14/list-of-system-and-hidden-tables-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2018

Here you can find all Virtual Tables.

"Field" Table is just another table which contains all fields for all tables related by "Table No".
    best regards,
    Thomas Barbut
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Have a look at Page 6218 Field List.
    Have a look a Setup Master Templates for an example how it is used. (I don't consider this to be a good example, because it uses OnDrillDown on the card page 8619 to perform a lookup, but you can see how it's done anyway)