Options

disable options for specific users using boolean

Hi everyone, I'm using nav 2016 and I need in sales lines to prevent some specific user to delete a sales line record (right button of mouse and delete line ctrl + del)

And I need also to prevent this user of change a item quantity if its unity of meause is different of "kg" (pound).

I want to use a boolean var in the enable check system, but my doubt is how to do this in the delete (in a sales line list of item the user cant delete a specific line for example)

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-09-11
    I'd rethink the requirments. Not worth coding imho as 1) there will be simple workarounds possible, and/or 2) your system will become less user friendly (up to the point of being a pain in the a... in some cases) , and/or 3) you will have unexpected side effects.
    ...and I need in sales lines to prevent some specific user to delete a sales line record (right button of mouse and delete line ctrl + del)
    What if user who is not allowed acccidentally adds a new line to Sales Order? It's pretty easy to do and he/she won't be allowed to remove the lines they added. Thats' not very good user experience. and potentially create more support burden.
    And I need also to prevent this user of change a item quantity if its unity of meause is different of "kg" (pound).
    Are you going to prevent user from changing a unit of measure too? If not how they supposed to setup sales line? If you prevent changes only when unit of measue is kg then you run into scenarios where users are not allowed to change their own lines if they accidentally selected kg as UoM. If you not restrict change of UoM they will be able to clear it, amend Quantity, and bring back kg in Uom.

Coding such restrictions is not worth the time spend on it and further support. Better spend this time with users training them and explaining reasons why it is important to not to amend Quantity or delete lines in certain scenarios, and setup Change Log to catch those who don't obey the rules...
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03