In vendor ledger entries can't edit "on hold"

From what I understand I should be able to click inside of the on hold field on vendor ledger entries and type in up to 3 characters. This prevents the invoice from appearing in the payment journal when using suggest vendor payments. I cannot click in the field to type anything in. I changed the page type to worksheet, and that allows me to edit the field. However I don't want the page to be a worksheet because then I cannot filter on it.

This is on NAV 2018

Answers

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    This field can be used when a vendor ledger has been invoiced and you run the Suggest Vendor Payments batch job.

You can use the field to determine whether the posted vendor entry will be included in the payment suggestion.

Before posting, you can fill in the field with your initials or any other code to indicate that the vendor entry should wait for approval before a payment is made.

If the field is filled in, the entry will not be included when you run the Suggest Vendor Payments batch job. The field will show that the entry is waiting for approval. If the field is empty, the entry will be included in the payment suggestion.

The field can be filled in from the following fields:

If the entry was posted from a journal line, the contents of the field are copied from the On Hold field on the journal line.

If the entry was posted from an order, invoice or credit memo, the contents of the field are copied from the On Hold field on the purchase header.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Depending on how you get to the page you may need to click "Edit List" because the initial view may not be editable. Seeing as you say it's editable when you change to a Worksheet type page I believe this is the most likely issue.
  • mgnmgn Member Posts: 39
    This is a license issue: in the Vendor- and Customer Ledger Entry the field On Hold can not be editabled. The whole table is not editable: from page and when the table is run from the Object Designer.
    The customer even has granule 7200 Application Builder. When I use a developer license, the fields are editable. I am pretty sure these fields were editable with a customer license in the classic client.
    Does anyone know it Microsoft changed licenses regarding this issue?
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-08-01
    You can not edit directly data in Customer/Vendor ledger table, as customer grade license does not allow for this. It never did.

But some ledger fields, including On Hold, can be updated using codeunit 103 for Customer Ledger Entry or 113 for Vendor Ledger Entry.

Look into Page 25 or 29, into OnModifyRecord trigger, to see how this is achieved,
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    Slawek, I know these pages and the codeunits that modify these records, but is seems like an license issue.
    I have tested in the same database with the same user account; with a developer license there is no limation, but with the customer license in Page 25/29 the Action Button "Edit List" is grayed out and when running table 21/25 from the developer environment the field "On Hold" is not editable.
    I have tested the same with a customer license for 2015 and classic. Both with no problems, ie. editable.
    Can someone else do some tests with a 2018 customer license?
    What do you mean by saying "when running table 21/25 from the developer environment the field "On Hold" is not editable."

License does not include field level permissions. Customer license does not allow to modify a record Customer/Vendor ledger entry table as a whole, but it never influences editability of a single field. I would expect that all of the fields can be modified when a T21/25 is run from the object Object Designer (with the exception of the ones having the Editable property set to No), but N AV would prevent you to write changes to the database

If the field is grayed out when when you run the table from Object Designer it means that Editable property on the table field is set to No.

The license only controls writeability of changes to the database, not the appearance of the record/field.

Slawek Guzek
    What do you mean by saying "when running table 21/25 from the developer environment the field "On Hold" is not editable."

License does not include field level permissions. Customer license does not allow to modify a record Customer/Vendor ledger entry table as a whole, but it never influences editability of a single field.

You are right: there is no field level permission, the whole table is editable or not. Sorry for being not clear.

I would expect that all of the fields can be modified when a T21/25 is run from the object Object Designer (with the exception of the ones having the Editable property set to No), but N AV would prevent you to write changes to the database

Correct, with the customer license tables 21 and 25 can not be modified when run from the Object Designer.
    If the field is grayed out when when you run the table from Object Designer it means that Editable property on the table field is set to No.
    The license only controls writeability of changes to the database, not the appearance of the record/field.

I meant that the Action Button "Edit List" is grayed out on page 25/29.

I have tested with a Cronus license (2018 CU5 and database). This behave the same a my customer license.
    I have tested with a NAV2015 customer license and there I can change the fields "On Hold" and "Payment Method Code" directly in the Page. With the NAV2018 license and the Cronus demo license of NAV2018CU5 this not possible anymore!

How can a customer change the fields "On Hold" and "Payment Method Code" in pages 25 and 29 in NAV2018?

Note. In the classic client there used to be a property InlineEditing on a Tablebox of a Form. When pressing F2, fields became editable. This was used in forms 25 / 29.

edited 2018-08-11
    Is this standard unmodified code in all test cases? Have you checked your user role permissions? Maybe none of your roles have the Indirect modify permission to the T21/T25 ?
    Slawek Guzek
    Demo Cronus database, so standard code.
    No users in the database, so no limitation on user permissions.
    Cronus License
    85hyp9binlgz.png
    Page 25
    xej80dq2puhe.png

Page 25 after uploading Developer License
    6xy8fnmyobol.png

xsh6git6jd3a.png

This is a bug in a few versions of NAV 2018 - you need to add Table 25 (read & modify) to the "Permissions" property of Page 29 Vendor Ledger Entries
    Thanks Kishorm, this works.
    Out of curiousity: is it a bug in one of the binaries?
    In older version of NAV the pages 21 and 29 do not have these permissions set either: the objects have the same properties!?
    mgn wrote: »
    Thanks Kishorm, this works.
    Out of curiousity: is it a bug in one of the binaries?
    In older version of NAV the pages 21 and 29 do not have these permissions set either: the objects have the same properties!?

I believe they changed the binaries to make the UI more intuitive, i.e. disable the "Edit" if you did not have rights to Modify the table. However they then should have also set the "Permission" property on these pages so that the UI knows that the page is editable (it's done via calling a Codeunit in the OnModify trigger of the page).

P.S. Please mark my previous response as having answered the question (easier for others to the see the solution).
    Kishorm, how to mark your response as answered? Note that I did not start this thread.