Object designer always prompt user/password window

catiamatos1991catiamatos1991 Member Posts: 158
edited 2018-07-11 in NAV Three Tier
HI everyone,

When I run the object designer in nav 2016 always ask for username and password. Sometimes i loose to much time typing my credentials.. is there a way to avoid this and "remember"? If i check the "remember password" it prompts again

sqqc02h5hj0u.png

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    It is not the NAV / Dev Environment problem, there is something wrong with your network. Get your network admin team to solve this.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • catiamatos1991catiamatos1991 Member Posts: 158
    Thanks, I don't have a clue about how to solve this and the team is always complaining of this situation and they are right.. I had the hope this was a NAV configuration.
    It looks like the authentication tokens negotiated between user machines and the domain controller are expring very quickly.

It may have someting to do with time synchronisation in your network, or maybe admins installed custom 3rd party security provider which enforces session expiration, or someone messed up with active directory setup, or maybe there are problems between domain controller syncronisation. Tons of things to check - but NAV is certainly not the one of them.

Slawek Guzek
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Go to your Service Tier - NAV Administration, Choose your service and change your Authentication from NavUserPassword to Windows. You will get rid of this.
    I don't have that, there is no other way?
    No, Until and unless you change your authentication too Windows you will end up with this OR else you need to create a new Instance with Windows authentication but Windows Authentication is needed.

edited 2018-07-16
    @RockWithNAV Dev Environment does not communicate with Service Tier to save objects, it writes definition directly to the database on the SQL Server. How changing the NST setting is supposed to influence Dev Environment behaviour? The Dev Env may try to invoke table synchronisation after saving the definition, but the screenshot shows pages - Dev Env does not do anything with the NST when you save a anyting else that a table...
    Slawek Guzek
    edited 2018-07-16
    So with that program I go to "Change account" and change to the first option (local system)?

o3roordqwzbq.png
  • KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    you can try to create your user with the domain in the sql
    All users are already created.
    @Slawek_Guzek - Dev Environment does not communicate with Service Tier to save objects

- I really dont know how come you are saying this because if your service is not running and if you try to save your objects you will end up with this error.

v3wz4f6aav0j.jpg

Apart from this what I tried to explain is if your authentication is NavUserPassword which seems in the above case and every time your RTC gets disconnected you need to enter username and password to execute it but if its windows its not the case.