NAV 2018 and Power BI

Hello, i'm trying to connect from the Power BI desktop application to a NAV 2018 instance. So far it seems like this should be possible but I can't get it to work and can't find a working example online to help me figure it out.

We have NAV 2018 installed on an in-house server and Power BI running on my local system.

As far as I can tell I should be able to select the Dynamics NAV online service:
nyz5hq8cyr45.png

After selecting the source I should enter the value found in the webservice table in NAV in the URL for OData field as described in the image below and click "OK".
siz5es1fuzqq.png

In the following screen I should then enter my user name as registered in NAV and my webservice access key.

When trying to connect an error occurs stating the references can't be verified. I've tried entering my username in various ways to try and make the connection but nothing seems to work.

Any help is appreciated, please let me know if/when you need more information.

Thanks in advance, Tim.

Answers

• HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
    Hi,

Make sure that all of the PowerBi-related Queries deliver at least one record. Create dummy entries if necessary.

epd165ouk1j4.png
  • hoiikbentimhoiikbentim Member Posts: 3
    Hello Hannes, thank you for your reply.

I've checked the data (I am using the "cronus" company data for testing) and it seems to me that all the queries should return data.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
  • HannesHolstHannesHolst Member Posts: 119
    Hi,

The PowerBI-connector of Cronus-company works out of the box. Problem must be located in your configuration.

Post a screenshot of the error-message. It might tell what problem it is.
  • hoiikbentimhoiikbentim Member Posts: 3
    Hello Hannes,

Sorry it took me a while to pick this up again, I've had a change in priorities.

The error message says: "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials you provided".
    yz3qfkko9ry5.png
    Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance
  • zychzych Member Posts: 20
    edited 2018-08-02
    Can you try to setup NAV Service to use NavUserPassword credential