is it possible to have multiple due date for an invoice ?

omerfarukomerfaruk Member Posts: 16
edited 2018-06-19 in NAV Three Tier
Is this functionality available on NAV 2017 ? IF not can you lead me to an alternative way? ie what's the best practice for this?

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-06-19
    What do you mean by "multiple due date"?. The invoce needs to be paid by some date - that's the due date.

You cannot have two dues dates - it is illogical statement "The invoice needs to be settle by Monday 1st or by Wednesday 3rd". If it was paid on Tuesday 2nd - is it then paid within requested payment terms date or not? If it is then your due date is Wednesday the 3rd, if not then your due date is Monday the 1st - but never both.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • omerfarukomerfaruk Member Posts: 16
    What do you mean by "multiple due date"?. The invoce needs to be paid by some date - that's the due date.

Thanks for the reply.
    I mean due dates for different parts of the total amount

For a particular customer invoice can have due dates like
    %50 of the total amount > 30D
    %50 of the total amount > 60D

Etc.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-06-19
    No, there is nothing in standard NAV allowing for this I'm afraid.

The easiest workaround I can think of, without modifying the system, would be to post multiple partial invoices for the same Sales Order. Then each invoice can have its own due date, and you can set individual payment terms/payment discounts and reminders for each one.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • ivarvarovskij@gmail.comivarvarovskij@gmail.com Member Posts: 12
    edited 2018-06-19
    Hello, from functional side defferals can be usefull in your situation, but probably it wont help you with due date, i am not sure how many Cust entry deffered document creates:

https://community.dynamics.com/nav/b/fenwicksoftware/archive/2017/02/14/deferring-expenses-and-revenue-in-nav-2017
  • lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
    edited 2018-06-21
    Hi

I think it might be possible in standard NAV if you setup pre-payment invoices.

You can issue multiple pre-payment invoices - with different amounts and due-dates before issuing the final invoices with the remaining amount.

I don't think there is any logic (but you'll have to test it) preventing you of issuing:
    - issue pre-payment invoice today with 25% of the amount, due 1st of july
    - issue pre-payment invoice today with additional 15% of the amount (Note: I believe you'll need to state that as 40% on the pre-payment as it is accumulated), due date 1st of august
    - issue invoice today of the remainding amount (60%) with a due date of 1st of september

That way the customer will have 3 invoices to pay with different amounts and due dates, 2 of them beeing pre-payment invoices...
    And i guess that is the end result you want, right?

Best regards

Gert Lynge
  • KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    Italian localisation has this functionality so you may want to look at how it’s being done in there