NAV WS language switches always to eng

txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
edited 2018-06-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi mates,

hope you all right.

I´ve got an strange issue. A call to a webservice sends some emails using text constants.

For some reason it switched to ENG (1033) when users need to inbox those emails as they used in portuguese (1046, brazilian)

I have tried the following:

service customsettings file:
"ServicesCultureDefaultUserPersonalization" value="True"

also, I created user into personalisation table, web service running user. I set the language 1046 but, for some reason when I go back I see it´s 1033!

I also raised a couple of errors so I can trace into log file, before email sending and after. Globallanguage in NAV is 1046 ( BR portuguese) surprisingly.

Any ideas?

thanks!

:#

EDIT:

Seems like GETLASTERRORTEXT not working in selected language:

-Text constants with captionML do the trick
-GETLASTERRORTEXT, although globallanguage is 1046, seems like showing 1033 (eng) error.

Is there any chance to do some kind of FORMAT() to desired language?

thx.

Answers

• txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    any1?
  • MaxxMaxx Member Posts: 10
    Have you tried to change Services Language at Service settings?
    By default, it set to en-us.

But it will cause some problems reagading option captions, boolean values (Yes/Ja, No/Nee)
    Maxx wrote: »
    Have you tried to change Services Language at Service settings?
    By default, it set to en-us.

But it will cause some problems reagading option captions, boolean values (Yes/Ja, No/Nee)

Thanks for your response. I tried to search for this, I couldnt find. Any clue where is language settings?

Apparently there is a second service working properly, I even used this service and replaced config file.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Maybe the problem is not in configuration, but in missing language files in the NST installation folder?

Do you have the 2nd NST setup as completely separate service (with own folder and binaries) - or do you have it installed as a 'normal' instance (using standard additional instance arrangements through the auxiliary folder Instances and the Instances\InstanceName\InstanceName.config file?)
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The language for webservice is set in the NAV Service tier config>
    v84lme8fyig8.png
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    edited 2018-06-13
    Hi Kine,

its old nav 2009, there is no such config console. We´ve got some 3rd party (I believe from here) console and I checkedit carefully but can´t find. Is is anywhere in the WS config file?

Edit:

I added key
    <add key="DefaultLanguage" value="PTB">

to config file and I guess Im getting some results, Ill update later on. Last time maybe I entered just "PT"

Edit2:
    As for now, PTG language in service is working like a charm.
    thanks folks
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!