Options

Windows could not start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server

FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
edited 2012-06-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everybody,

I´m trying to create a second nav server service like msdn says... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301437.aspx

But when i verify the step 11, this error appears...

"Windows could not start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service on the local computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified"

Why???

The service Net.Tcp Port Sharing is started too.

](*,) ](*,)

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Did you try by stopping the first service and starting the second service?
  • Options
    koubekkoubek Member Posts: 84
    It seems to be configuration error the new service. Check if the "Path to executable" really match with the existing file. Maybe you have changed name of a directory or sth. else.
    I have tried to change a name of my testing service and i have received the same error message:

Services
    Windows could not start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Service service on Local Computer.

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
    OK
    I think this is your problem - service manager can not find "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe" file defined for your service.
  • Options
    vivek4121vivek4121 Member Posts: 165
    I also got the same issue in my local system, accidently the folder "MSSQL12.NAVDEMO" got deleted from the below location.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.NAVDEMO\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sNAVDEMO

Could you please suggest the necessary actions to be taken now on this?
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-06-07
    Forget about DEMO instance. Install another new instance od SQL 2014 Express, restore NAV demo database onto this new instance, and reconfigure your NST to point to new instance.

If you really want to try to restore default DEMO instance you may try to copy all files and folders "MSSQL12.<NewInstanceName>" to "MSSQL12.NAVDEMO". It may not work however as you have managed to remove SQL Server master database file, and in case of copyng the whole installation folder you will bring copy new masted database files too.

Even if it does work (the DEMO instance will start) your NAV demo database most will not be there most likely as it has been registered in master database which is already gone. You could take if further and restore your master database from a backup (if you have one) - but in my opinion it is all not worth the hassle, epecialy that usually DEMO instance holds only one NAV demo database
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    vivek4121vivek4121 Member Posts: 165
    bm2kpgia0r1s.png
    Getting the error while installing a new instance of SQL
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-06-07
    SQL Server 2014 Express, not 2016. MSSQL12.xxxxxx folder is SQL Server 2014 folder.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03