Options

Memory Leak issue? NAV2017

MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
NAV 2017 CU2.1

So I have three Virtual Servers, NST1 2 and 3. Each have three Navision Service Tiers running on them.

NST1 and 2 have no problems (Standard NST below) but 3 seemed to have a problem where the moment I started the Service Tiers it would capture 1.6GB of memory. This is without any clients/sessions connecting to it.

With Sessions however it would then increase incrementally until the full 32GB of the Virtual Machine was used, and we would be forced to restart the server. We have been therefore restarting this server once or twice every 24 hours since going live with Nav2017.

We have played with the Start Up Configuration Files for awhile and tracked the problem down to one, or more, of these settings:

MaxConcurrentCalls -> Standard NST: 1000 -> Problem NST: MaxValue
ClientServicesMaxConcurrentConnections -> Standard NST: 500 -> Problem NST: MaxValue
ClientServiceReconnectPeriod -> Standard NST: 00:10 -> Problem NST: 08:30
ClientServicesMaxUploadSize -> Standard NST: 100 -> Problem NST: 300
SQLCommandTimeout -> Standard NST: 00:30 -> Problem NST: 24:00
CloseInactiveSQLConnectionsGeneration -> Standard NST: 10 -> Problem NST: MaxValue

Strangely it only takes ONE of the three Service Tiers to have the above "problem" settings for the problem with RAM to happen. In other words, it does not matter if 1, 2 or all 3 of the nodes have the problem start up settings, the problem is identical.

Any idea why this might be? What I can test/check to track the problem? Or which setting (or combination of settings) above would cause this problem particularly?

Answers

• Options
    Hi,

we are experiencing same issue, have you succeed resolving this issue ?

thanks,

Gill
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Is Task Scheduler activated on all 3? And do you have any jobs in job queue?
    Then disable TS on 2 of them, and see if the problem stays on the last server.
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog