The no. of records in the table exceeds the max. no. of 5000

gandhi_nklgandhi_nkl Member Posts: 44
edited 2012-08-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

Customer has more than 10000 Records in G/L Entry table. The same wants to send to excel from RTC. But getting the following error.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The no. of records in the table exceeds the max. no. of 5000. Set a filter to decrease the number of records in the table. Exporting too many records at once can affect system performance.
OK

But in classic we can increase the maximum number of records to export, like… Tools->options->Max. no. of XML records to send = 10000.

How can we increase the same for RTC?

Need Help… ](*,) ](*,)
Thanks & Regards,
Muthu

Answers

• TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    You can adjust that number in clientusersettings.config :

<!--
    The amount rows that will be handled when sending a number of records through xml to Word or Excel.
    -->
    <add key="MaxNoOfXMLRecordsToSend" value="5000"/>

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • gandhi_nklgandhi_nkl Member Posts: 44
    Troelsh wrote:
    You can adjust that number in clientusersettings.config :

<!--
    The amount rows that will be handled when sending a number of records through xml to Word or Excel.
    -->
    <add key="MaxNoOfXMLRecordsToSend" value="5000"/>

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.
    I added the above key into my Location like below-
    C:\Users\muthukumar.r\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    clientusersettings.config
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="Server" value="c2ilaxapta" />
    <add key="ServerInstance" value="Noble" />
    <add key="ServerPort" value="7093" />
    <add key="ProtectionLevel" value="EncryptAndSign" />
    <add key="UrlHistory" value="localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV,c2ilaxapta:7090/KOLR2,c2ilaxapta:7093/Noble,c2ilaxapta:7070/Shravan" />
    <add key="CompressionThreshold" value="64" />
    <add key="ChunkSize" value="28" />
    <add key="AllowNtlm" value="true" />
    <add key="ServicePrincipalNameRequired" value="False" />
    <add key="OpenConnectionTimeout" value="00:00:30" />
    <add key="ClientCredentialType" value="Windows" />
    <add key="DnsIdentity" value="" />
    <add key="MaxNoOfXMLRecordsToSend" value="6000" /> <add key="UnknownSpnHint" value="(net.[url=tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url])=NoSpn;(net.[url=tcp://c2ilaxapta:7090/KOLR2/Service]tcp://c2ilaxapta:7090/KOLR2/Service[/url])=NoSpn;(net.[url=tcp://c2ilaxapta:7093/Noble/Service]tcp://c2ilaxapta:7093/Noble/Service[/url])=NoSpn;(net.[url=tcp://c2ilaxapta:7070/Shravan/Service]tcp://c2ilaxapta:7070/Shravan/Service[/url])=NoSpn;" />
    </appSettings>
    </configuration>

then i restarted my system and also server but still i could not able to export more than 5000 recors from RTC.

please suggest me....
    Thanks & Regards,
    Muthu
  • ddlarscddlarsc Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 19
    It might be using a different clientusersettings file, please check if there is one in the Roaming location.

C:\Users\muthukumar.r\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\clientusersettings.config

Optional you can start the RTC client with -settings=file to ensure what config file to use.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Lars-Bo Christensen
    Software Developer @ Microsoft
  • ilianadlbilianadlb Member Posts: 40
    Hi ddlarsc,
    I´m having the same issue, I cannot export excel records. I have modified the clientusersettings.config file, but this doesn´t work, how can I start the RTC client with -settings?, could you please advice?.

Thanks in advance.
    iliana