Ribbon detached from page

ACaignieACaignie Member Posts: 91
Hello,
We have a strange problem where the ribbon becomes 'detached' from the page. It starts with the user not being able to click on the ribbon. NAV is not freezed, as he can change records, open other pages, just the ribbon seems to lose the link with the page it is on. If the page is minimized the ribbon is still displayed, as shown in this image:

oco27vjc6hmp.png

1 = 'detached' ribbon that is in front of all pages
2 = Outlook, partly hidden by the detached ribbon
3 = active page in NAV, of which the top part is also partly hidden.

Does anyone know what could cause this, and how to solve this?
Some additional information:
- NAV 2017 CU11
- Local client (no Remote desktop)
- Clickonce is used to start NAV
- No Addins on the page
- Windows 10 v1709 with latest updates
- HP desktop with Intel graphics

Steps already tried to solve
- Remove all user customisations
- New PC with clean installation

Has anyone seen this, or know a solution?

Kind regards,
Andy

Answers

• RemkoDRemkoD Member Posts: 100
    I have honestly no clue.
    - What happens when you press Ctrl + F1? (collapse and expand ribbon)
    - Do you have a vanilla Windows Installation on the new PC?
    - Are there third party drivers installed for that PC that has 'Window management features' available?
    - Does the issue manifest always on the same page or during the same activity?
    - Do all, a few or only one user has this problem?
    - If it's one/a few, are they working on the same type of workstation other users that are not effected do not use?
    - Is any information in Windows Event Viewer Application Logbook? (i'm afraid not..)

Finally. If multiple users are effected. Is it possible to deploy for one users (as test) the Windows RTC Client from the NAV DVD instead of using the Clickonce installation?
  • ACaignieACaignie Member Posts: 91
    Hi RemkoD,
    For the moment I am only aware of one user facing the issue. I don't have all the answers yet to your questions, but here are some:

- What happens when you press Ctrl + F1? (collapse and expand ribbon)
    I will try next time, I now only tried it with the mouse and not with the keyboard. With the mouse the ribbon stays visible, but its place is taken by the list. However it was not possible to show it again
    -Do you have a vanilla Windows Installation on the new PC?
    Yes
    - Are there third party drivers installed for that PC that has 'Window management features' available?
    Not that I am aware of, it is basically a clean install with NAV. But I will check
    - Does the issue manifest always on the same page or during the same activity?
    I think yes, but the employee has this page open about 95% of the time, so hard to know if it is page related
    - Do all, a few or only one user has this problem?
    One user
    - If it's one/a few, are they working on the same type of workstation other users that are not effected do not use?
    There are several hardware configurations, but all use more or less the same software (all win10)
    - Is any information in Windows Event Viewer Application Logbook? (i'm afraid not..)
    No

I will check if we can install from the DVD instead of click-once.

Thx for your time,

Andy
  • ACaignieACaignie Member Posts: 91
    The user had the issue again, so I could check some things.
    It seems that the ribbon was 'defected' on all pages, but somehow still linked to the page.
    Clicking on the actions in the ribbon or changing the tab does not work, but there seems to be a way around: double clicking on the tab to collapse it, and then double clicking again on the tab to expand it allowed to click an action. To click another action the same procedure must be done.
    I couldn't detach the ribbon this time, but it is still very strange.
    Other users have exactly the same configuration and use the same software, but do not have the problem.

So: any ideas how to solve?

Andy