Search Problem

jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
edited 2018-05-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hello. Good day, I have this weird Bug, I have 7 Data in my customer List with customer posting group. Now, every time I search the specific posting group, it shows no data. I already run the table from development Environment and it shows the data but every time I search the specific Code in Customer Posting Group it will show no data. Only from the code "ADV TO O&E". Any one could help me ? See attached photo for clarification
gm0vkngwxch8.png
mqmxsfxf8po8.png

Answers

• rfajdigarfajdiga Member Posts: 40
    Hello. Good day, I have this weird Bug, I have 7 Data in my customer List with customer posting group. Now, every time I search the specific posting group, it shows no data. I already run the table from development Environment and it shows the data but every time I search the specific Code in Customer Posting Group it will show no data. Only from the code "ADV TO O&E". Any one could help me ? See attached photo for clarification
    gm0vkngwxch8.png
    mqmxsfxf8po8.png

Hi,

did you try to search with exact 'ADV TO Q&E' ?

Br,
    Renato.
  • ErictPErictP Member Posts: 164
    You can't use the & sign to search for. This is a reserved character for search-functions.

If you use 'ADV TO O&E' as search-string then is that translated to:
    Filter on 'ADV TO' AND 'E'

If you want to find the customers with 'ADV TO O&E' you must use the filter 'ADV TO O*'
  • jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
    rfajdiga wrote: »
    gm0vkngwxch8.png
    mqmxsfxf8po8.png

Hi,

did you try to search with exact 'ADV TO Q&E' ?

Br,
    Renato.

Thank you for the your response, highly appreciated :)
  • jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
    ErictP wrote: »
    You can't use the & sign to search for. This is a reserved character for search-functions.

If you use 'ADV TO O&E' as search-string then is that translated to:
    Filter on 'ADV TO' AND 'E'

If you want to find the customers with 'ADV TO O&E' you must use the filter 'ADV TO O*'

Thank you, It worked! I'll be taking notes for the special characters and is reserved in NAV. have a nice day..