Options

How to control - Manage Action Icons Edit, View, Delete, New on lists

tarkmylertarkmyler Member Posts: 57
This one is making me a little nuts. I'm looking at the item list in NAV 2016 and comparing it to the customer and vendor lists. I'd like to have the "New Record" icon available from the list. The item list has it. I've tried the Editable property on the list page, without success. This is development, so all users are SUPER.

From the list I can "View" and then from the card pick "New". Strange - any pointers on how to insert from the list?
Thanks,
Mark Tyler
Pacific City, OR

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-05-12
    Have you checked page's InsertAllowed property?

<edit>
    Funny enough I have just checked the Vendor List in Cronus 2018 and it does have the "New" icon...

Try checking the User Personalisation and delete any user personalisation existing for Vendor List page.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    tarkmylertarkmyler Member Posts: 57
    edited 2018-05-12
    I know - it appears that if you don't really use the software, the New icon shows ... like your comment about Cronus. There is no User Personalization listed for any user for the customer or vendor list. The mystery continues.

We don't have a lot of control over the user interface since 3 tier came into our world, but it would be nice to understand how the black box of "Manage" really works.
    Mark Tyler
    Pacific City, OR