New To Navision?

virenpvirenp Member Posts: 49
Hi All,
I am new to Navision.I have few questions to ask all you experts.

What will be the future of Navision?
Am i in the right technology?
I have finished reading the basics PDF's and have also Practiced the assignment that are there in those PDF's.Can anyone help me with the more basic tutorials so that i can get a good handson practice of Tables,Forms,DataPorts,Menusuits,XMLPortsand reports?

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    As for leaning, it sounds like you want to learn development. Read the application designers guide which comes for free on the product CD (and can be downloaded on Mibuso).

Follow the advice here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=37019&p=181022

If you work for a partner log on to PartnerSource as view the Statement of Direction regarding NAV. It will tell you what you can expect over the next 10 years or so. I'm sure it won't all happen, but you can get an idea of where Microsoft is going with the product. If you can't get a hold of that I'll type up a little bit about what is coming.
  • Sonja37Sonja37 Member Posts: 9
    Hello dear new user...

your post is really nice ;-) ...

What will be the future of Navision? Hm... I am working nearly 10 years now mit NAV as supporter and trainer and to be honest: we - as partner members - are sometimes really astonished what is going on. If you see now NAV 2009 (specially when you are used with the older versions) I am not sure, if your users are sooo happy with this development there.
    (But I know.. we Germans are sometimes anyway strange :P )

To your other questions: well, to get real practice it will be better to work for a MBS-partner or a company, which is using NAV. As you proberly know yourself: the "real life" is not in books, pdfs or any product-CDs => the "real one" is outside...
    And: if possible you should attend on "classroom trainings" - that will help you much more as only reading. Because there you have people to ask all the things you want to.

If you are in the "right technology" => this question you can answer yourself latest when you have collected some experiences - not only in NAV also in other ERP-products.

:-)

To your further way with NAV I wish you all the best and a good trainer!

Regards
    Sonja
  • TanyaMTanyaM Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    If you wish to pursue your career in Navision. I would say its a good choice cause Microsoft Dynamics NAV is there to stay in the market and its requirement will be high for another decade at least. But you need to be well versed with the new technological developments and the upgrades that are being launched by Microsoft.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-05-10
    @TanyaM are you the same person as @AlexR ? In both cases it seems that the only purpose of yours posts is to include a link to specific web site
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03