RTC Control AddIn "Browser"

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2011-07-15 in Download section
RTC Control AddIn "Browser"
This ControlAddIn integrates a browser into a RoleTailored Client Page. The URL to display comes from the SourceExpression of the Datafield.
This can be a webpage (with leading "http://") or a file from the local Disk (with leading "file://").
It can display every filetype the internet explorer displays e.g. HTML-Files, PDF-Files, XPS-Files, Pictures, Text-Files and so on (in fact it is the internet explorer).

Installation Instructions:
- Copy the .DLL-File to the AddIn-Directory (e. g. C:\Program File\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins)
- Insert a new Record to Table 2000000069 "Client Add-in" with the following values:
"Control Add-in Name": BrowserAddIn
"Public Key Token": e44e2ec27e697fcb
"Description": BrowserAddIn
- Import the included Sample-Page.
- Run the Sample-Page

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1368

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• KraverKraver Member Posts: 17
    Hey,

thanks for the AddIn! Although I have an Issue with the local pdf part. It just pops open a download box and it does not display the pdf.
    (Same goes for jpg or tiff files).

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the reply!
  • Hi,

I am using Dynamics NAV 2017. Does this AddIn support this version?
  • leegeorgeHughesleegeorgeHughes Member Posts: 26
    Hi - I am trying to get it working in NAV2017 and get the error An error occurred while creating the control add-in for "BrowserAddIn;PublicKeyToken=e44e2ec27e697fcb". Error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. - Any ideas?
    I have added it to the Add ins folder on ther client and the server and have added it to the add-ins table in NAV but still get the error
  • Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    The dll most likely is dependent on the NAV extensibility dll that is provided by Microsoft. This Microsoft dll is different for each main NAV version. The browseraddin dll in that case needs to be re-compiled using the correct reference for your NAV version.
    Jan Veenendaal
  • djkdjkdjkdjk Member Posts: 17
    HI Community,
    Can someone provide the Recompiled dll of the BrwoserAddIn for NAV 2016 ?
    Or at least an HowTo to recompile the dll.

Many thanks in Advanced

Jeannot Keiser