Pass -settings switch to DynamicsNAV:// protocol handler?

MarHanMarHan Member Posts: 33
Hi there,

I'm using the following way to open my client:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" -settings:"C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\testsettings.config"

Is there any way to achieve the same using the "DynamicsNAV://" protocol handler url? Something like this:

"DynamicsNav://xxx:10046/yyy//" -settings:"C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\testsettings.config" (<- that doesn't work - it ignores the settings switch)

(Reason: I need to put that url into the "Windows Client Base URL"-field of the server instance to force use a certain config file with that instance)

Thanks in advance!

Markus

Best Answer

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-03-08
    I don't think is it possible with standard NAV, but @kine was working some long time ago on a small app allowing to handle multiple NAV versions through the protocol handler.

You can download it from Mibuso, and try yourself - maybe it will allow you to achieve your goals.

Personally never tried it myself, don't know how it exactly works, but here you have the source code, if you want to investigate the details, and maybe customize it for yourself
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • MarHanMarHan Member Posts: 33
    Hello Slavek,

thanks for your answer. By the way: How can you do this using the NAV web client? Can you start it and pass all the settings that are available in the .config file to it somehow (must be inside the url)?

Regards,
    Markus
  • MarHanMarHan Member Posts: 33
    Allright, thank you guys for your answers. Maybe I'll try that...