Options

Android Mobile Application: HOTFIX ENCLOSED

JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
I've been working with Microsoft Support team (big shoutout to Mohamad Vajid and Duilio Tacconi who got me the fix to try same day) on this one.

Since the update for the Android App came out on December 11, version 2.5.19628, all our customers on Android phones are reporting that when ANY pages are open in Edit Mode, the text inside controls is invisible (looking blank). You cannot see the contents, not even while typing them. The text is THERE, as you can select it, copy and paste it. This occurs on a variety of Android devices.

(Screenshot on this thread, thanks Nikolay)

This affects NAV 2015, NAV 2016, and NAV 2017.

In updating the mobile application for newer Android, something in the CSS interpretation was no longer handling things quite correctly, so there is new CSS. The fix I tried and has worked is this:
1. Locate CSS files (Desktop.css, Phone.css, Tablet.css) in the Web Client folder. (Typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Web Client\Resources )

2. For every CSS file replace the following

OLD:
---
.android-multi-columns-layout .edit-container{-webkit-transform:translateZ(0);transform:translateZ(0)}

NEW
---
.android-multi-columns-layout .edit-container{-webkit-transform-style: preserve-3d;transform-style: preserve-3d;}

NOTE: No need to restart IIS (no need to iisreset).

I did have to close/reopen the NAV application on the Android device.
JEREMY VYSKA
CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"

Comments

• Options
    aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
    Thank you @JDVyska for sharing this solution. It's working perfectly :smiley:

Best Regards